The Excalibur

One Night Around the World

October has quickly come upon us and the Homecoming fever has officially struck! The annual Pinecrest Academy Homecoming season made for a fun filled week of fabulous themes and striking decorations.

Gianna Satriano, Staff

Homecoming is a great tradition at Pinecrest. It is celebrated like a holiday here on campus! It is a monumental spirit week where all students in the high school prepare to dress according to the certain theme of the day. This year, the themes included America Day on Monday, Character Day on Tuesday, Tourist on Thursday, and Spirit Day on Friday. Every student received the opportunity to gain points for their class depending on how well they dressed to each theme. And just when the excitement wasn’t enough, students spent their days walking amongst the halls that they so amazingly decorated to their given theme.  The freshman class decorated their hall to look like the streets of London, the sophomore class  a New York experience, the juniors captured the beautiful essence of Paris, and lastly, the seniors said Aloha to  Honolulu, Hawaii. Every year, the hallway decorating represents the theme of the dance to come at the end of the week and this year the high school so beautifully created these world themes to represent the theme of the dance, One Night Around the World.

Surely, the week and the dance would not have been made possible without the help of the fantastic Student Council. In continuation, as Friday approached, so did the all school Homecoming pep rally! This year’s Homecoming pep rally consisted of tug of war and a performance from the Pinecrest Academy Varsity Cheerleaders. In summation, it is safe to say that the Paladin sensation was spread throughout the entire campus and Pinecrest spirit was brought to the heart of every Paladin! An entertaining end to a great week!

On Friday, October 13th, the Paladins took on Fellowship Christian Academy between the pines. Sadly, Fellowship Academy brought an upset to PA Nation as they won 41-0. The Paladin spirit was not destroyed however because not only would the Homecoming dance be the next day, but, at halftime, the Homecoming court was announced and the beautiful queen, senior Bridgid McCabe, was crowned! The following day, the student body enjoyed an amazing night “around the world” with their closest friends and dates. Certainly, a night to remember!